Earlier this week we talked about eating habits that can help you to have a dramatic weight loss. Now we are going to talk about the simple things you can do to move the weight loss forward.
1. Health App – Whether it be for your phone or on your computer, you really do need some sort of tracking system. This will help you to keep track of the food you eat and the exercise that you do. There are numerous ones out there that can track this information for you, helping you see how many calories you burned and consumed. This information is critical in the weight loss process.
There are also Apps available that will track the distance that you run, walk or bike and calculate not only the mileage but the amount of calories that you burned. This is motivation at its best and helps you realize that when you walk from the back of the parking lot to the grocery store entrance, you are burning calories.
2. Elevated Heartbeat for a min of 30 – 45 minutes daily. This means that if you hate running, not to worry. You just have to make sure that you are walking briskly enough to elevate your heartbeat for 30 minutes. You should be able to talk with your walking partner, but it should labored. This means you are working your body, and burning calories.
3. Rest. Make sure you rest your body adequately between each exercise session, so you don’t damage your muscles. Make sure that you consider protein supplements. This will help your body rebuild the necessary muscles and cells that we use when we exercise and really, just function day to day. If you are tired after you exercise you need to provide your body with the essential proteins necessary to rebuild, rejuvenate and restore your muscles.
4. You don’t have to go to the gym to exercise. There are a lot of different exercises that you can do, at home, that don’t require a gym membership. Squats, lunges, sit-ups and push-ups to name just a few. Adding these exercises to your daily routine will increase your endurance.
5. Ask for Help – Get a workout buddy or someone to help keep you accountable. There is something to be said for knowing someone is outside or at the gym waiting for you to keep you motivated and working out.
If you follow these five easy steps, you will see a gradual weight loss. The toughest part of losing weight is that it doesn’t just slide off like a bad outfit. You have to work it off and that work is hard. Just remember: Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.
What are some of your tried and true tips for easy to do exercise?